Bike Manawatu’s approach back to cycling under Delta Alert Level 2 guidelines
The Delta variant has spread rapidly worldwide and is now the main variant in many countries, including NZ. It is the most transmissible variant, spreading a lot easier than the original version of the COVID-19 virus and other variants and requires additional consideration.
IMPORTANT Information to all riders, volunteers and race officials involved in our Bike Manawatu Event.
Under Delta Level 2 the event is able to go ahead but there will be conditions.
- Sport and Recreation activities are limited to groups of 100 in a defined space in an outdoor space.
- Please stay home if you are sick
- A QR code will be available for all riders, volunteers and spectators
- Social distancing is to be maintained for everyone during the event, but riders are not subject to it during the active competition part of their race.
- Masks should be worn by everyone at all times, except during the active competition
- Hand hygiene,please use sanitizer available if touching surfaces
- Cough and sneeze etiquette. Please be considerate of others and no spitting, coughing or clearing your nose in the bunch
- No cash payments will be accepted
- No late registrations on the day will be accepted
- Avoid touching surfaces & avoid sharing equipment
- No congregating pre or post event, please vacate the area in a timely manner
- No prize giving to take place under level 2 guidelines